Today is the first day that I have done homework since April. Life is rough.
It is so different going to school in the UK, the learning process is nothing like it is in the US. Here we only have 1 exam that determines your entire grade at the end of the year. So teachers assign reading throughout the semesters and then you get a few essay questions at the end of the year on them. And they dont give you an easy load.
For each of my 4 classes, I have at least 4 chapters to read. And not from the same book. The teachers pick random chapters from all these random books, newspapers and journals and say "read it all." Then they give you a 2 page list of "suggested further readings" for each week. YEA NO.
The suckiest part is that you have to go to the library to get these books. you cant buy them, since throughout the year you are using like 20 books for each class.
I wish I paid attention in 4th grade and actually learned the Dewey Decimal System.
Some of the readings are online, but I have a good amount of stuff I need to go to the library and read.
Between this past week, and the week coming up, I have a lot of stuff to do! I guess i may not need a hobby afterall...
No comments:
Post a Comment