Yesterday was Friday, April 29th. And although a certain event was on at 5am for you... it was a perfectly reasonable time for me. Having survived Inauguration in D.C., I was prepared for outrageous crowds, silly security and lots of loonies. Since the wedding started at 11, and the procession to Westminister Abbey started at 10, I decided to head to the area around 7:30 to secure a decent spot.
I had a competitive edge in this situation since I had been going running around the area for the past 3 days to see what was going on and how the fences and barricades were being set up.
So my friend Marshall and I got up bright and early, packed some snacks and walked down to Trafalgar to find a good spot to stake out. We got lucky, we found a spot along Whitehall, right before Downing Street where we were right up against the fence!
With that early success, the rest of the day was easy! All of the pictures that I have are on my Shutterfly account, which you can access here. And here are a few of the highlights.
Prince William and Prince Harry on the way to Westminister
Kate and her dad on the way to Westminister Abbey
Will and Kate after the ceremony going to Buckingham
Buckingham Palace during the Royal Flyover and before Will and Kate greeted everyone on the balcony.
After this busy morning, I was ready for a nap and then went to dinner and a few pubs that were having street parties in Covent Garden. Typical British, always finding a reason to binge drink.
So there you have it... I survived Inauguration AND The Royal Wedding. Lucky me!

No comments:
Post a Comment