subtext

Keep track of me while I study at LSE!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

THE LIBRARY.

Not sure if anyone is reading this (besides you, mom) but I dont blame you because I am not even reading this anymore. I know I have been neglecting this blog and you, my loyal follower(s) so I will try to make up for the past two weeks of nothing with something really special right now. Well not RIGHT now. Later in the post.

You really haven't missed out on much, my life has become extremely boring as I tell my parents on the phone everyday. I have literally fallen into a weird pattern of: wake up around 10, study until 1, eat, study until 7, make pasta and study until 1030ish. Yes. It is always pasta for dinner.
The biggest decision of my day is really deciding where I am going to study, or what music I am going to listen to while I am doing so. Lately it has been The Beatles on shuffle.

This has been my life for the past two weeks because my one end of the year exam that I have for each of my classes compromises my entire grade for the year and determines whether I have enough credits to graduate on time next year. A lot of pressure is riding on these exams, and everyone else around me is freaking out and that makes me freak out! Some kids have been studying all day, every day since the last day of the term, which was March 25. Everyone is burnt out. See?


So clearly not too much has been going on recently. The library has become the coolest place to be during the day (and night) and actually fills up by around 10:30 am, so if you don't get there early in the morning you wont get a seat! I don't mind though, I can't handle doing work around a gazillion other people, I just end up watching everyone and getting extremely distracted.
The majority of students love it though, and to try and lighten the mood a few students tried to plan a Flashmob in the library last week. The idea of a Flashmob is to have a choreographed dance that people in a random crowd do spontaneously and as the routine goes on more and more people join in. With that in mind, the LSE Flashmob was a complete failure, it was basically just a bunch of people packed into the library all at once after hearing that there would be a Flashmob there through Facebook. Here is a video clip at the end, with my expert analysis on what I thought of the "Flashmob" at the end:


I have my first exam tomorrow, so I will report back to you all (if you are even still here) on what it is like and how I am now realizing that having your entire grade ride on one exam is actually not such a great idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment