subtext

Keep track of me while I study at LSE!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Two Hoffmans, One City

This past week, my Dad visited me on London! He was here Sunday night through Wednesday, and it was so great to be able to see him for a few days. We went out to dinner one night with Mr. Max Sterling which was fun, and we did other stuff too. I will list the highlights.

1. He brought my three favorite food items ever. Grandma's cookies, pumpkin bread and jumbo-size Jif peanut butter!


2. We had a 2 day sleepover at the Landmark, which beats my little dorm room anyday

3. On Monday we went to Winston Churchill's War Cabinets,  which is a museum all about WWII and how the whole British strategy operation was run. It was actually really cool, there were a lot of maps, which I loved, and I learned a lot, since I knew nothing about British strategy in WWII

4. On Wednesday, we went to the Abbey Road crossing!



 The funny part about going to this famous-ish crosswalk, is that its really nothing special. There are no markings or signs really, the only thing out of the ordinary is that people write messages on the cement fence outside of the Abbey Road Studios (which are still in business). So basically there are always a few American tourists hanging around, and that is how you know you're in the right place. If I actually lived around the area, I would never drive down Abbey Road, it is just full of tourists not knowing which way to look for cars and randomly jumping out to the middle of the street, or worse, slowly walking across the crosswalk while another tourist stands in the middle of the road and takes a picture. So we kind of hung around and took some pictures, didn't really know what to do haha. But it was still cool!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you did the classic walking picture like you were supposed to do instead of the one where you're standing there waiting to catch a ball.

    ReplyDelete