subtext

Keep track of me while I study at LSE!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What A Weekend

Life abroad isn't really that bad. Especially when I get visitors, and I had 2 this past weekend. Lucky me!
Repeat visitor Don Hoffman was in London for the day on Thursday and left Friday afternoon, and Mr. Jared A. Eisenberg became the coolest person I know because he came to London on Thursday morning for the weekend.
We did fun stuff. So now I will tell you about it, day by day, because there's a lot.
Thursday
Jared Eisenberg arrives at 9am and makes me late for class.
After class we go to The Landmark (my second London home) to meet my Dad.
We all go to The Imperial War Museum. It was really neat. See pictures below.

Then we went to dinner at Bodean's, an American BBQ restaurant in London (I am a pro at finding American stuff in England)
We also had tickets to Million Dollar Quartet! It was a great show, really entertaining with great music from Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis (he was crazy) and Johnny Cash. Great day!
Friday
Don Hoffman leaves me after breakfast :(
Jared and I go to Borough Market, a permanent outdoor-ish food market in East London. Every booth had samples so we basically buy nothing and snack all day. Also did wheatgrass shots. It was SO gross. Should have put wheatgrass on my "things I will never eat" list.




We also stopped by The Tower of London after the market, and then at a pub before dinner. (I'm so British)
Jimmy, Louis and Alex joined us for dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant, and then we went to some pubs in Covent Garden and a few bars in Piccadilly together! Another great day!


Saturday
We were SUCH tourists on Saturday. We started out in the morning at Buckingham Palace, said hi to The Queen and then went to Harrods. 




Shopped around for a while and gawked at a £12,000 foosball table plated in gold and platinum,




and then left for a soccer game that we bought tickets to.
The game was Charlton FC vs. Exeter City, about 15 min outside of London by train. It wasn't a premier league game, but I think that the fans were louder and crazier than they were at the Manchester United game that I went to earlier this year.
After the game, Jared and I went to the South Bank to check out Parliment, Big Ben and Westminister Abbey. 


Then it was time for dinner in Chinatown, and a few more bars after that!


Jared left me in the morning on Sunday :(


What a weekend.
You can check out the rest of my pictures at: www.melaniehoffman.shutterfly.com

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures, especially the one of you standing on the footstool in your home away from home( The Landmark). Was that cheese, the gigantic circles?
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete