subtext

Keep track of me while I study at LSE!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arrivederci

Hello to all of my loyal readers! (all 4 of you)

It has been a while since I have posted something interesting on here (the weather post and Jack's post were pretty boring), so it is about time that I entertain you with the interesting adventures of my life abroad.

This past weekend I went to Turin, Italy to "shred up" the Italian Alps!
For those of you that live under a rock, the 2006 Winter Olympics were hosted in Turin in the Piedmont mountains. So that is where we went.
We booked a hotel in Sauze d'Oulx, one of the 5 mountains in the Piedmont range. I still don't know how to pronounce "Sauze d'Oulx" correctly, but all you need to know is that the front half, where we stayed, is Italy, and the back half is France. Italian food is better than French food so we stayed on the front half. Also it takes like 2 hours to get to the French side, and I don't like the French enough to go through that.

The trip was amazing overall , we had such a good time waking up early to get to the mountians, skiing and boarding all day and then eating SO much Italian food for dinner (which was always delicous no matter where we ate) and going to the little bars in the town! We basically did that for 3 days straight, and I would have liked to stay for a week! The alps were absolutely beautiful, on most runs I would take a break off to the side and just look out at all the mountains surrounding us (nerd alert). And we got SO lucky with the weather. The mountains had gotten about 2 feet of snow the week before, so the runs were fresh, and it was about 50 degrees everyday with no clouds in sight, and no wind! Perfect!

Here are some pictures from the trip. If you want to see more, I have posted all of the picutres I took (almost 100!) to my Shutterfly account. here is the link: melaniehoffman.shutterfly.com




2 comments:

  1. STEPHEN VON OHEMGEE DE LA ROSSIJanuary 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM

    OH EM GEEEEEZZZ MELBERT LIKE OMG TAKE ME WITH YOU LIKE OMG GIVE ME DUSTY'S FREQUENT FLYER MILES LIKE OMGGGEGGEZZZ ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, your pictures are so great, I hope you make wonderful scrap-books when get back state-side!

    ReplyDelete